paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

Bambi Hunt A Hoax.... It's True

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
P8NTBallMom
on July 26, 2003 at 16:04:54

I had heard something about this on a local radio station last week. I guess there's some truth to it.

Straight from AOL News: (Ken Ritter, The Associated Press)
"LAS VEGAS (July 26) - A promoter who offered to take men on ``Hunting for Bambi'' safaris in which they could hunt down naked young women with paintball guns admits that it was a hoax and now faces misdemeanor charges, the mayor said Friday.

Promoter Michael Burdick could get six months in jail and a $1,000 fine for operating without a proper business license, Mayor Oscar Goodman said.

``I'll do everything I can to see this man is punished for trying to embarrass Las Vegas,'' Goodman said.

Burdick called the misdemeanor summons a waste of taxpayer money.

``I have a license; it's hanging on my wall,'' Burdick told The Associated Press before cutting off questions and referring inquiries to his lawyer, Craig Mueller, who later declined comment.

Burdick found himself in the crosshairs of women's groups after he told a Las Vegas TV station that he was selling reservations to men willing to pay $5,000 to $10,000 to hunt down naked women in the desert.

Las Vegas officials investigated, and said Burdick admitted that the safaris were just a hoax intended to promote the ``Hunting for Bambi'' videos that Burdick sells. The videos are marketed as depicting nude women being hunted by men who have paid for the privilege.

But the mayor said the videos actually show ``actors and actresses, and there wasn't even the real shooting of paint balls.''

City officials said Burdick sold videotapes through a company owned by his fiance, Lakana Campbell. They said Burdick's name is not listed on a business license application filed by Campbell in June.

John Redlein, an assistant city attorney, said Burdick offered the hunts at high prices to discourage anyone from actually booking a safair, and he told investigators his Internet site could not even accept credit card charges in the amount necessary to reserve a hunt.

A report on Burdick's ``Hunting for Bambi'' first aired July 10 on KLAS.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.