paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

Re: Using names of TV series in games?

In Reply to: Using names of TV series in games? posted by Kimmo Kainulainen on September 07, 2003 at 14:42:39:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
Thomas_ "Ragtop" Fletcher
on September 07, 2003 at 15:55:51

: Hi!

: I was wondering is the use of names of films or TV series limited in any way? There seems to be several games using names and storylines from popular shows, so is there are any copyright issues?

: Or are the organizers getting approval from studios? I think Spplat Attack got permission, but having Shatner as part of the whole thing probably helped a little :).

: I think there were some discussion about this some years ago when Henry's ran the Paintball 2Xtremes, but I don't remember that it got to any conclusion. Does anyone remember how it went down?

: Kimmo Kainulainen

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.