paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

Concerning cheaters...

In Reply to: Re: SPORTSMANSHIP MISSING IF FOUND PLEASE CALL...... posted by Garry on September 16, 2003 at 09:09:08:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
Roedog
on September 16, 2003 at 13:55:40

Often times there is nothing you can do about cheaters. They're simply a low-rent member of the community that has no scruples or concern for other players.

I remember my first scenario experience at Waynes World, and it was almost an experience ruined by cheaters from the word "go". I remember taking the field and right at the insertion point I found a nice fire fight. I crawled my way into a nice thick wall of palmettos and found several members of some team called "Air Assault" already firing from within the scrub. It wasn't too long after I fired off a few rounds myself that I heard whispers of "should I call a medic?" and "Nah just wipe it off, quick!" coming from my own team mates right beside me. At that instant I lost all respect for that "team" and almost lost faith in the scenario game concept as a whole. It occurred to me at that second how many people WERE on the field compared to how many refs?
Luckily I pressed on and had an overall great time. I didn't come across any other blatant acts of cheating during the game, so I just chalk that one example as immature kids being kids.

Although there was the time I shot the guy in the ghillie suit about 50 times, but that was just funny because I'm sure he couldn't feel any of the hits. Technically I suppose you could consider that cheating, as wearing a ghillie suit will obviously make you unable to feel a paintball impact and therefore give you plausable deniability...and try to find paint splatter mingled in with 30 pounds of burlap.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.