paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

Thank you all for Castle Conquest!

In Reply to: Castle Conquest was a blast !! posted by Team_Knightmare_Tango on September 28, 2003 at 13:19:09:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
Wyrm-DOTW

on September 28, 2003 at 19:27:56

On behalf of every DOTW Member, we'd like to thank the entire staff of EMR, Blue, Chris, Eric for one hell of a game. We had a great time as always dispite the outcome of the first Pumps Vs. Semi's game. Attackers, you played hard, standup paintball in both games, Thank You and Great Job.
Congratulations to Pub Crawlers for leading the attacking team to victory. You guys play great standup ball, it's an honor to be playing with ya and against ya.
To the Referee Staff, Tom, Joe the rest of the refs, Awesome Job everyone, you were right there in the thick of the nasty firefights, you guys did one great job.
Dave, I saw three kamizaki players yesterday that made a charge to take out the barrels. The first I'll mention is my own team captain Ugly who's one crazy boy. The other is Bomber, no need to say anything else about him heh. And the third I unfortunately do not know his name, he wasn't wearing a shirt or much of one, he had dyed blond hair, thin guy, sorry I don't know your name. You three proved ya got the parts for the game and maybe sometimes the lack of brains hehe. :)
Big thanks to the sponsors real quick just to name a few...Severe Paintballs for our paint, the official paint of EMR Paintball Park. Action Markers for supplying the GOLD PLATED SPECIAL EDITION SHATNER SIGNATURE SERIES ILLUSION Pump Gun. Atomic Ordinance, great grenades. Bust'N'Balls, EYCE Audio, Magnum Boots and all the other great sponsors that made this event possible!

Thank You Everyone For A Great Weekend!!!

: Castle Conquest was a great game, we had so much fun defending in both games.

: So much of a big deal was made about this game... would the pumps defeat semi's? Are pump players better that semi players? Would the pumps be slaughtered by the overwhelming firepower? Those who talktricycle, usually eattricycle, on both sides. And, I'm sure that will be the case in this game.

: As always, everyone will see this game through their own eyes and the war stories will flow. The way we saw it, through our eyes and the time on our watches, the last artifact left the Castle walls at just a few seconds over 50 minutes. It was not turned in for whatever reason which resulted in a time of 59 1/2 minutes. In my eyes, the attackers broke the record... some will argue to serve their own agendas, but isn't that always the case

: There were many great example's of play in this game, on both sides, it would take pages to put them down. I would love to shake the hand of the defender that dove into the barrels that were being built out to reach a prop just inside of wall 4 (what we call two), what a move. The attackers pushed like anilmals in countless instances and did a fine job.

: We did what we could and contributed what we could, in a small way, to the defense. Our role had been to leave the Castle at game on and take it to the attackers trying for wall 4 or what we call wall 2 going clockwise starting from the front. It's the side with the hill that slopes down toward Stilt Village. As we were told by the attackers, this was a main point of attack for them. DOTW, Demaskus, a few other who were also from Blue's Crew (forgive me if one or two additional players came also) and ourselves met them at the bottom of the hill and completely stopped the attack on that side with approximately 15 pump players. When the attack began to eventually trickle, we knew they probably had decided to switch the approach in the opposite direction and given up on this approach. We ran up the hill to get back into the Castle and try and help plug holes as fast as we could. By this time though, the other prong of the attack had breached the walls on the rear and right side of the Castle. We headed up to the Castle, ran across the court yard and drove the attackers back almost all the way down the rear wall but were finally eliminated. The attackers were relentless in several spots throughout the Castle and did a fine job continueing their push. Props to them. Several assaults were made to retake sections of the walls, some successful, some not. We, along with several Blue's crew made several attacks out the front door, resulting in the removal of the attackers that had pilled up against that wall and eventually the retaking of several small buildings in JF town which was short lived. Mike "Blue" thanks for taking a few for me as we exited that door :-) Eventually the insertion area began to come under heavy attack and the defenders were piling up. We appologize to those who we me might have bumped on the way getting through to attack out.

: In the end, it was a great game. Who's better, pump players or semi? I think that's something that is individual based because I know many players that play both. The defenders fought hard and did a great job. That attackers did a great job also, doing what needed to be done. The result was simple... a great game that most would say they had whether pump or semi.

: Thanks EMR and the refs for a great time !!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.