paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

Re: TOYS FOR TOTS AT A-1 IN CALHOUN GA.

In Reply to: TOYS FOR TOTS AT A-1 IN CALHOUN GA. posted by Lane on October 15, 2003 at 21:28:39:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
Andy "Hoophooted" Sheppard
on October 15, 2003 at 23:39:13

: : Wow! Lane, the complaints...!
: First of all it was set on the weekend after their event so that it would not be on the same weekend and just look at how many games are going on! nov. 8th & 9th mpp games at bearclaw. next weekend 24 hour games then a-1 game and then thanksgiving weekend when else would you do it?

Those games were already posted, for many months before this came up. I'm sorry, but you can't pop up a month before a game is to happen and act like "well, what'd I do?"

Got to have time to get the toys out so dec. is not good. Second of all this is not my idea or game. This game is being put on by owner Mike Spivey and I was mearly asked to help get the word out!

That's the same Mike Spivey that told Aiki last weekend he wasn't going to a game. Aiki even asked Mike if he needed help to get the right bona fides from TFT, if he did go through with it, like he's done for other fields that were interested in doing a TFT game - since he's put in the long hours and meetings with the TFT coordinators.

Third the person who does not even have the balls to put their own name doesn't know us very well when they said my home feild because everyone knows we are sponcered by bearclaw in tenn. and that is OUR FEILD!

Speaking of people who won't post their own name... I am glad that that came up. ;-) Too much "personal information"... ooohhhh.

Forth I have no problems with the donuts we have had some awesome times playing together and hanging out!

Me too. I like playing with and against Death, Inc.

I do hate to see one person throwing away all the hard work some of them have put forth on that feild because it's awesome!

Who's throwing it away? Our games are FULL of players that are new to the game, and if there wasn't a game in Dalton, they wouldn't care or know about any field that was an hour North, East, South, or West from Dalton. People complain about "too many games", but the real deal is - there's a HUGE MAJORITY of people that show up to games that WILL NOT travel more than an hour away from home to play paintball. By having a field every two hours away or so, you're exposing more and more players to the sport. That's the goal right?

Teams are slowly becoming the MINORITY in paintball. Father/son outtings, and backyard ballers trying the game out are a HUGE percentage of who plays the game. You're right, not everybody has money to play two games a month. When we traveled down to FL seven or eight times this year, we were the ONLY [North]Georgia players down there. A lot of South Georgia players; which brings home the point that people just don't travel to games. A few do, but not many...

not everyone can afford to play two games in a month and being sponcered by mpp games we have to schedule our games for theirs first! Ever notice how theirs are a week before are after bens? What's the difference? To many games not enough cash flow!

The difference is that Ben wanted to run FIVE games up there this year. Guess how many good, playable, months there are in a year; seven, at most. So, he's having a game up there almost every month. Worst part, he's holding off on scheduling the games until only a few months in advance of the game. People prefer to have at least six to eight months of lead time, to ask off from work, to save up money, and to possibly "decide" which game they want to go to or can afford to go to in a given month. Ben posts info a few months prior, and he only has a few months worth of games up on his website as is it is.

Used to be that GA had three games a year. Then Savannah added three or four games in S Georgia and most everybody from N Georgia flocked down there to play, just for something different. People started hearing about BearClaw, so they went up there for something different for three games a year. We started up to add "something different" up this way. So far, we've drawn a majority of local players, which is cool. Too much "bad blood" with the Donut name or whatever, even though the attitude is 110% different, as is the roster and the type of player that we look for. Can I get a "y'all don't know me" up in this mother!? ;-)

But, we're kicking it, growing new teams, getting new folks interested, and doing our thang. I can't see where us having a game has ever pulled anything away from BearClaw, and I don't see where it's fair for Ben to step in with a few months notice and say that he's being hurt by us when we've had the weekend planned for a year now. That's WHY I put it up WHEN I did back LAST YEAR. People could shaft US, but I didn't want to see that XYZ field already had a game on a certain date and have us vulture around it later on...

: CAPT. LANE

Capt. Hoop

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.