paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

BYOP Paintball Makes Paintball More Fun

In Reply to: Well, it has worked. posted by Smakman on October 19, 2003 at 12:02:21:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
Al "Alias_Munky" Maralit
on October 20, 2003 at 14:36:12

I love BYOP fields.

I am in college, so saying that money is 'tight' is an understatement. BYOP fields understand that paintball should be fun, not expensive [derrived from County Paintball's Motto].

Yes, I understand the business aspect of the FPO fields and recognize that they usually attract bigger crowds, but from my standpoint any means of saving a couple bucks in a rather expensive sport is embraced.

Conveniently enough, I go to school in Tampa which is home to Oribital Paintball - a BYOP field for both recreational play and 24-hour events. Jeff McDaniels runs the field and he allows us to use whatever paint we like; albeit from Wally World for $30 a case or his field paint which is usually PMI from the Tampa warehouse which he sells at competetive prices. This saves me some money, as all I have to pay for is registration for the event and all-day-compressed air or CO2. Recball is even more economical. I find myself firing off whatever left-over rounds I have on weekends and Monday holidays for under $20.

Driving down I-75 two hours lands me at The Paintball Park in Ft. Myers run by Duane Bell. Also being of BYOP in nature, this field additionally offers $100 package deals for preregistration of 24-hour events. This gets you event registration, a case of paint and even a BBQ dinner.

In terms of a flat fee, these fields don't charge players anything like that.

In essence, I am a big, big fan of BYOP fields, because I can, say, pick up a case or two of PMI Evil or Anarchy paintballs off the internet for less than $50 a piece and then 'ball it up. I am in no way, shape or form BASHING FPO fields, merely stating that I consider BYOP fields not only great fields to have a blast and meet great people, but also save some $$$.

That's it from me for now.

Al "Alias" Maralit
Screaming Munkys

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.