paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

Give scenerio play a try with a rental.

In Reply to: Disadvantages of paintball as a hobbie / sport posted by magattack on November 11, 2003 at 13:16:23:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on November 13, 2003 at 12:32:27

Want some excercise? Carry a half case of paint and enough air to shoot it up and down hills all day long.

If you are in Good Shape, I'll loan you my back pack Flame Thrower(28 pounds loaded and charged).

Value for the money:

I will burn a case in one day at a rec field.
I buy a case for a scenero game and usually take paint home after two days and a night of paintball. The fields are larger and you just spend more time walking before you have contact with an opposing players. Some waiting while you generate a squad for a mission objective.

It is a tactical game. You play for points. The interesting part is the twists and turns that occur on the field. The Fog of War as they say.

Playing SMART and taking some initative to exploit an opportunity, or a making tactical retreat to repel a counter attack.

The satisfaction is pulling off a TEAM Effort that was coordinated well.

Experienced players become natural leaders on the field. Encoraging players in their squad what they should do... Mostly by saying back me up guys!

The big dollar tourney markers can rip some fire but in a practical sense not really much of an 'edge' against a squad of players working together as a squad using Rentals, Spyders, etc. They can be quickly neutralized. But as a Swat Team of tournament players used to close quarter, agressive, and fast paced play, they can be quite effective.

But nobody is 'out gunned' at a scenerio game. Unless you own a RPG of course.... Or are on the receiving end of one.

We are slowly building a small arsenal of 'special weaponry' for scenerio games. Lots of fun thinking, brainstorming, designing, building, and field testing these little toys. Overall, many are cheaper to build and operate than buy cases of paintballs. At D Day last year I had a brand new lightweight RPG. Bought a case of paint for the weekend. Shot two hoppers of paint. Rest of the time was spent breaking or losing $20 worth of Nerf Rockets... Helped keep re inserting German tanks from making it back to Fire Base Charlie by ambushing them on the access road. Got 6 tanks. Two of us got 10 tanks on reinsertions between us while the rest of the RPG guys took a beating but slowly shot the defending German Tanks off the field at Charlie. The result was the infantry was able to take the base once the Tanks were sufficiently neutralized. 10 minutes too late for the mission points however. But Next Year, The Germans Tankers are in trouble. We KNOW how to deal with the tanks tactically at Firebase Charlie. Not to mention some 'classified weapons development' underway this winter.

You could play at a scenerio game without a marker! Three times this last weekend, I laid my cocker on the ground just to be more mobile using the RPG and Flame Thrower. Got 100 yards away from it with a good rush of players advancing and me helping by bunker busting bottlenecks with the RPG.

And I was having a blast....

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.