paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

Southeast Missouri, 20 miles N of Popular Bluff

In Reply to: Where exactly is the game being held. BLUE'S CREW posted by Dragoniis on November 14, 2003 at 09:00:30:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on November 14, 2003 at 11:14:39

Patterson MO on the north end of Wapapello Lake

I play ALL his games. The player ref concept WORKS! People just don't DARE. Zero Tolerance by field management. Makes it a joy to play.

I've been checked, chewed, and warned more than once myself. Even denied playing the next game. I've just had to tone my aggressive play down... He gave me the message and I got it...
Play that is considered OK up here in St. Louis IS NOT OK down there....

He has dedicated scenerio field. Adjacent but seperate from the Weekender Rec Fields. It will NEVER get beaten down or turn into a mudhole if it rains.

Not to say you won't find a fox hole with a foot of water in it when it has been pouring down...

Two BIG constructed Bases. Multi level Bases.

The 'Generator Station' is right in between the two big bases. It has a REAL Generator in it.

When you Take Control of the Generator Station during the night game, you control the Box Handles that turn the lights on and off at BOTH Bases....

Makes for interesting night play. It is a hotly contested objective just for the tactical advantage in addition to the points earned for controlling. Plenty of action to be had at the Generator Station and the Bases.

The light and sound from it helps keep players oriented on the field so they don't wind up in the Lake by mistake with a fogged up mask. The unlighted areas are considerable for those that like to sneak around in the dark.

The lights in the bases are mounted VERY High up. The field of illumination from each does NOT overlap a lot. So there are LONG Dark Shadows behind every tree trunk and mound of dirt that sneaky people can crawl up in without being seen. I have gotten inside the base perimeter three times undetected...

So something for everyone in the night games....

It is a BYOPaint field if you want to pay a small extra fee for the privilage. He gives the Players a choice. One of the BIG Reasons I play EVERY GAME he has...

The area is mostly rural, he feels the area won't support too many scenerio games per year.

Kind of like Oklahoma D Day - In the middle of NOWHERE.

We would LIKE to see more games but the only way is for Us OUT of Towners (I'm 2 1/2 hours away in St. Louis) to start showing up a hundred at a time.

Then he will be going "H'mmmmmmmmm". Maybe try an 'extra' scenerio game next year...

He's just going a step at a time and doing it right as he goes.... So help him.....

You be a player ref, and he basically buys your gas to make the trip by waiving the fees. You'll be back...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.