paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

Re: When is a Scenario more than just a game?

In Reply to: When is a Scenario more than just a game? posted by Andy on December 06, 2003 at 12:06:08:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
Smakman
on December 07, 2003 at 17:17:39

It is really up to the players. The vast majority of players care less about a storyline than they do about getting to shoot the gun at someone. The simpler the goals, the more players get interested in the outcome of the mission(s).

The vendors will come when the number of players is high enough and not before.

I offer two different types of paint at my games as well as a byop option for an additional fee. I know a lot of players have a paint pereference, so I say let them bring it if they like.

Depending on where you are located, giving the wife and kids something to do might be tricky. I remember seeing a lot of bored moms at DDay. I tell folks to bring a fishing pole to my games if they aren't playing. The campgound is around a 5 acre lake.

I encourage experienced and frequent players to help out and show around new players. Most folks are happy to help out.

My idea is to simply sacrifice numbers for quality at the outset. Work hard at weeding out the cheaters and unsafe players, and you will have a higher quality game. A higher quality game will attract more high quality players. At least this I hope.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.