paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

First Amendment right to express your opinion!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
Perry "_One_Shot_" Singleton
on January 12, 2004 at 23:28:22

This is a repost from lower in the forum because I wanted everyone to see my statement here.

Bill and Dale, you are both out of bounds!

Bill, you are rightfully upset for part of what Dale stated in his post of late and so am I. He went way out of bounds but so did you when you brought me into it. I know Dale did indirectly and he spoke out of turn for our team. Dale and I talked on the phone today and he has been chastised and put on probation.

It is true, he even will admit to pushing the envelope but he is not the monster you all want to make him out to be. He has played in a few games that I was head ref and I have played with him on occasion at other games and have yet to see or hear of him make an infraction at those events. I did see you try to reprimand him for an incident at Holden but that was with a German who was excessively aggressive against him. He ran over and kicked the bunker we were huddled behind because he was shot while crossing in front of a firefight with a barrel plug in his marker. The insertion had already passed and he was a straggler. Yet, you wanted to reprimand him even after a friend of yours said that Dale was not at fault. Why? The only complaints I have heard about Dale has come from one camp. In fact, he was only recently asked to join our team because of these rumors. I had to give him the benefit of the doubt because due to my experiences I am lead to believe that these mainly stem from him posting complaints on safety issues during D-Day 2002. The first one he attended. He also has a first amendment right to express his opinion as we all do. I don’t know about you, but I took that oath to uphold the constitution because it meant something to me. However, no one has the right to express someone else’s opinion as you two have done.

Bill, I really don’t understand your actions. I came and talked to you personally about the issues I had with both the matters being discussed on this board instead of bringing it into an open public forum. For the sake of our readers, (I’m known for short speeches but long letters) the two topics will be posted soon on two new separate strings on this forum titled:

Tour of Duty Series – Fact or Fiction

Oklahoma D-Day – The Untold Story

Look for them coming soon to a computer near you!

Come on you got to have a little levity. You guys take this way to serious but the truth is the truth and you leave me no choice. I feel it appropriate to tell the whole truth and not half of the truth. After all, isn’t a half-truth actually half of a lie?

I will state only the facts and let the readers decide for themselves or would you rather tell everyone everything that we discussed on the two topics that day I stopped by your place on my way back from being the commander at the MXS Texas Throwdown. It appears from recent post on this forum that you have already informed the German camp. I mean where did the rouge Allied Commander comment come from or there is talk the Allies won’t play by a script this year. How dumb do you think I am? The icing on the cake was when Dewayne said that you never discussed our talk with him when I talked with him last week. Do you guys really think I believe that? You really underestimated your opponent.

Be warned; do not attempt to discredit me as you have Dale. It will only hurt you in the long run. My reputation proves that I am a standup person and player. Just ask any other promoter or field in the country that I have played or commanded on. I have been at most the major fields and events in the nation. No one has ever had a problem with me. In fact, I was XO for the promoter of D-Day at two other events in your Woodland Warrior’s Tour of Duty series this past year. I also took over for him as General when he had to leave. You know I am also a standup team player. I didn’t want to go this route but I am adamant about the truth.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.