paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

Re: Paintball in the news, safety,doctors,bad press???

In Reply to: Paintball in the news, safety,doctors,bad press??? posted by Mothman on January 13, 2004 at 17:28:58:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
Bobio

on January 14, 2004 at 11:20:11

: It seems someone in the news media is interested in paintball, but what type of message are they trying to represent? The Article is based on research from a New York doctor, Dr David, that sites eye injuries from 1998 to 2000. The article even notes that saftey equipment has improved since then, but the message , to me, is unclear. Read the article at http://www.hon.ch/News/HSN/516776.html
: I noticed it in my local newspaper from the closest big city, and I wonder if this is the case in other big cities. My paper didn't even post the whole article, and left the reader thinking paintball on a whole is unsafe. Whats your thought?

A similar article was posted in the Atlanta Journal Constitution last week. It pointed out the majority of injuries were from the unsupervised play in backyards and woods by people who don't use proper mask/goggle systems, if any, or monitor the velocity they are shooting at. The number of injuries occuring at commercial facilities are miniscule, and are more likely to be injuries to bones and joints than eyes. Additionally, statisticlly, paintball sustaines fewer injusies than bowling.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.