paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

Re: "Hurt Player/Ref at 24 hr game needs our help"

In Reply to: Re: "Hurt Player/Ref at 24 hr game needs our help" posted by on February 20, 2004 at 07:59:13:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
"pigtech" Palm Bay, Florida

on February 25, 2004 at 15:46:12

: I don't understand why, if he was working as a ref at the game he wasn't covered under the field/promoter's worker's comp policy. Florida's pretty strict about that isn't it? And wasn't it a field owned/operated by a municipality? What's the point of all the expensive insurance if nobody's covered?

Worker's compensation insurance is not at all the same as "that expensive" (under $1 per player/day) insurance at paintball fields. Paintball liability insurance protects a field operator from liability to their customers.

I'm not up on Florida worker's comp laws, but any means, but that's totally separate from field liability. I know when I worked for the State of California, I got diddly squat for workman's comp when I hurt my back on the job - because I was a part time employee, I didn't have coverage.

See you on the field,
-Bill Mills

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.