paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Rec Talk

Re: Remembering Alan Elder

In Reply to: Remembering Alan Elder posted by on March 14, 2005 at 17:51:28:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Posted by:
FC1-Goose

on July 15, 2005 at 04:35:25

: Memories of Alan Elder.
: If you played scenario paintball in Florida or South Georgia you knew Alan, he always wore a Tippman jersey and he would always stop to help anyone.

: Alan was shot and killed yesterday http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/031405/met_18212476.shtml and it left me feeling I needed to share with you just how great a player
: (person) he was.

: Alan came to most of the games we had at our field, and most of the time he would bring several kids along to play; they would not have had the opportunity to be there without his help. He always conducted himself with great integrity and played standup paintball beyond the standup player. He was a man who truly stood out in my world. I admired his zest for life and sportsmanship.

: Last week my wife, Stephanie, and I were trying to come up with someone to General a small 10 hour event we are having this coming Saturday. Alan’s name was at the top of my list. I could have called some of the big name generals and I have no doubt that one of they would have come over to help. I called Alan and if you knew him you know why.

: During the conversation, Alan said he was going to a Wedding on Saturday and was meeting with his paintball team on Sunday so he would not be able General. He said that he did not think he was experienced enough to general. I told him that I was not looking at his experience, I was looking at who he is. Scenario players came to have fun and Alan was a great at having fun and everyone around him had fun and this was my idea of a general. We talked about paintball and he said that he would be at my next game.

: When David Osborne called me today and informed me of Alan’s death I was totally lost. I did not even know how to feel. I called my wife to tell her and I could hear tears in her voice as she spoke. I hope Alan knew how many lives he touched and how many people were proud to call him Friend. I can only hope that I may be thought of as highly as I think of him.

: There are other players, generals, scenario directors and people in my life that are also at the top of my list. I want to thank you for enriching my life and the world that I live in.

: On this Saturday before our game I will have a short prayer for Alan. I ask the next time you play, remember Alan, and tell all your friends who are playing with you, how much care for them.

: We will miss Alan very much.

: Stephanie and Jack
: First Strike Paintball

You know the scary thing is, I just dicided today to go thrue the sight and read some of the articles and i came across this one, But the scary part is im on Alans team. Unforchanetly i got selected for the team after Alan passed away and from what everyone talks about him he seamed like a nice person.... I wish i had had a chance to meat him.

The team Alan started is Called FireComm1, And from my aspects of it he rane it well. I just thought i would post somthing sence this is a strange incounter. Thank You for taking the time to remember Alan and may you have a nice day.

The Team calls me by the way Goose (A.K.A Kevin)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Rec Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.