paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tank Talk

Re: Try these

In Reply to: Try these posted by The Demolition Goblin on May 02, 2003 at 23:38:51:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on May 03, 2003 at 00:08:52

Got a part number for the ASCO? Now this is for a hand held RPG not a tank cannon.

\
My barrel is TIGHT on the Nerf. It is steel and if fits INSIDE 2" schedule 40.

When I tried just schedule 40 I recall now that there was no horn sound.

I'll bet the Nerf is sticking in the barrel causing the valve to start and stop causing the problem...

Let you know Sunday how it worked out....

: As far as the valve goes get a ported piston valve (ASCO / Skinner / ect...) a 1/2 inch will work as well as a 3/4 diaphram valve at its best . I use a 3/4 inch ASCO with a 24 volt coil (it works great on 12 volts) in my new AT4 LAW . This type valve opens positively with authority , 70 psi with a 134 ci pressure chamber and 28 inch barrel with out a wad will fire a nerf as far as my 44 inch barreled AIRPG at 90 psi with a wad . As for the sticking of the nerf in the barrel and the tooting (?) this may be one in the same try discharging the launcher empty , with a standard paintball shot load , and with the nerf . If it does the above mentioned air horn with all the culprit is the valve if it only does it with the nerf that is the culprit . To make the trip down the barrel as smooth as possible sort through the PVC to find the best (most even interior finish , not rippled )
: if already built buy or borrow a cylinder hone and smooth the interior to remove the high spots . After this treat with parifin wax or heavy duty silicone spray . Last check the fit of the nerf to barrel not all 2 inch PVC IS , its usaully a bit over making for an air loss past the nerf (possible cause of tooting) try using 2 inch scheduel 80 this will give a tighter fit to the nerf causing enough back pressure to make your diaphram valve open properly .
: Hope some of this helps .

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.