paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tank Talk

Re: I gather this is for a tank so......

In Reply to: bit of weird stuff to ask, but may make senselater posted by Peter Jones on May 11, 2003 at 07:39:43:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on May 11, 2003 at 08:49:56

: hmm, well, question 1:
: is the 3/4" elect. sprinkler valve worth dealing with?

Both seem to work but for a cannon in a tank I would lean towards the 1" just so it would be a little beefier a the 1" fittings. Might get a little extra flow. Being debated as we speak on this forum.

: is it better to go 1" ? eventhough internals are the same?

: is there such a thing as a psi-actuated switch that can complete a circuit? (i guess it would be called a pressure switch?) like, once the pressure agaunst the switch reaches a certain point, it completes the circuit? but not pushbutton, i mean accurate to a certain psi....

Yes there is but I don't have a good understanding of how you are planning to use it.
A substitute for a pressure regulator? To turn off the air supply with a electrical valve? Probably not consistent relative to a pressure regulator. Rules generally require a regulator..

A sensor to light up a LED when you are recharged and ready to fire? Or to prevent firing until recharged? It should recharge long before you get the next round loaded and locked or are you working on a semi auto cannon.....?
Copy and Past this to find more pressure sensors than you wanted:

http://sensors-transducers.globalspec.com/ProductFinder/Sensors_Transducers_Detectors/Pressure_Sensing

: and the last one... can i ask how l.e.d.'s work, or should i just go to howstuffworks.com? i think ill go there anyway, but its nice to get stuff in english. i went through a class on diodes in the army a couple months ago, but the instructor glazed over leds. also, how do they not act as a short in the circuit? seems as though theyd steal most of the current, as their resistance is generally less than that of the connection that they display is present ( i just had a thought... are they inline with the main wire? i for some reason assumed a parallel circuit). anyway, um, i guess thats it for now...
: oh, also, what width of plywood do you use for sides, and also what do you use for.. and how thick is your framing (goes to all ppl, id like to get lots of answers to these 3 esp!!)

Generally, One side is hot, the other ground and they light up. Has to have the right voltage but draw minimal current so they don't act as a 'short'.

: anyway, thanks for your time, hopefully see some guys onthe field sooner than 6 years, lol
: -Peter

My RPG is waiting.....

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.