paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tank Talk

Re: Anyone care to reverse engineer this design?

In Reply to: Re: Anyone care to reverse engineer this design? posted by T.J. on May 22, 2003 at 21:18:13:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Posted by:
Brad "scarecrowe" King
on May 22, 2003 at 23:37:51

Well. I managed to get a bit more information out of the builder. Enough to confirm at least one of my suspicions. The trigger is pneumatic. I had thought this to be the case. If you pause the video at the side view you can see a hard plumbed air line pointing toward the trigger. The loading mechanism is a rotary breech- a modified ball valve. A rubber 0-ring retains the paintballs in the 'receiver' until the device is fired. The 'mist' seen in the video is indeed broken paint, not vapor. I'll provide this information with the same caution that the builder provided me with. CO2 will readily overpressurize PVC- A variety of safety precautions should be taken.

Here's a challenge. Come up with a ball retainer that allows faster loading while effectively preventing balls from rolling out the barrel. And still allows the device to be discharged without breaking them all. I'm thinking something along the line of that rubber gasket that covers a garbage disposal- modified a bit. That and a positively HUGE ball valve for the breech. And an ammo box from one of the Tippmann A5's - huge bottom opening on that- The device would load with a quick back and forth flip of the ball valve. Wisdom would seem to dictate a kill switch that would prevent firing if the ball valve where in the wrong position. Double regulated CO2, an expansion chamber, sprinkler solenoid valve, safety poppit.

Another crazy alternate idea. Using a modified ball valve as a breech loading system for a 'U' style pneumatic cannon. Would allow you to breech load Nerfs. Large ball valve with third port drilled in one side. Solenoid attaches here. Third port in 'ball' serves as air passage when valve is in firing position.

Sorry using the 'Net as my brainstorming notebook again.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.