paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tank Talk

That looks like a 2-3" barrel.....

In Reply to: I think there is more to it than that. posted by Bill on May 26, 2003 at 19:00:27:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on May 30, 2003 at 11:25:47

: The way I see it is the big barrel is actually the reservoir and after he turns to back out of the picture, you can see what might be the barrel, a single tube, probably .68 cal.

That LOOKs like a 2-3 inch barrel. Not a single .68. If so, that is WHY he is breaking paint. And the pattern would be tighter at that distance if they ALL came out of the SAME .68 barrel.

However, I and my great intellect, figured out HOW to shoot 4 balls simultaneously out of ONE barrel and space them about a foot apart going through the air and NOT BREAK. Theorically, It could do many more balls. Just a function of volume, pressure, and a valve that could do it.

I was working on a ONE Shot, SEVEN - .68 cal barrels with 4-5 balls in each barrel. Now that would take out a tank at 40 yards with 3 balls on the kill plate. (assuming I can aim)

Now that I have a functional 3/4 Rainbird valve...
it might be going back to some R & D. I'd take a 30 yard effective range over the slow reloading time.

I think there is a regulator on the end of the CO2 bottle and in the first frames you see a pressure relief valve. I'll just bet he is doing what I suggested below, shooting several balls out of a .68 cal barrel with a closes breech action.

: I know it works. I've done it.

: Painball out of a 12 gauge?!! HA! HA! HA! That is sooooo funny!!!! And, it proves that if you need to soften up the shock of the propellant gas, put some distance and air space between it and the paintball.

: Yea, a shutoff to the hopper is kind of a must. We didn't have one at Junkyard wars. Thought the weight of 6" long 1/2" bolt would hold the balls in place and give them a gravity feed. Shot the bolt and 10 paintbals about 30' into the air! Quite a gas for those didn't get hit! Paul? Did you see that?

: Diverter valve might work.

: I don't think your hopper idea will work too well. The shock has got to send those balls flying and making a mess inside the hopper.

My thought was IF they were all in the BACK of the tube and NOT in the direct path of the air shot comming through the feed hole. They wouldn't be blown around enough to break. No place to go, Pressure would just build up and nudge them a little... But if you HAVE it pointing down hill when you fire, you'd better have some drain holes drilled in the hopper.

: How about a hopper like a b-b gun? Tilt it forward til the balls roll into the barrel, close the bolt, pull the trigger. Cheaper than a Warp Feed.

Same Idea...

: The whole reason for the dixie cup was to seal the paintballs in the barrel and hold them steady as they accellerate down the barrel. Some people use foam for sealing the back of the load foam to hold the balls in place from the front. That works pretty well. But, it's my experience that the balls pick up a spin as they slide down the barrel and scatter more than I like after leaving the barrel. That's why I use the cup. Your frozen orange juice container, with balls sealed in place with masking tape will certainly work, but I don't know how well.

Give it a try! I think both ends would have to be full opened, otherwise there would be quite a back pressure that would try to force the can down the barrel.

I was thinking the chamber would prevent / block the can from exiting the barrel. Basically just like a oversized .38 shell. Use the rim on the BACK of the can to prevent it from blowing out. Then you can breech load it or drop feed it for the semi and rapid fire guys..

Just got to find the right sized can with a rim on it... Be my luck to be eating Pickeled Pig's Feet for a couple of weeks to get enough cans.

Live IS supposed to be an adventure! Right?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.