paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tank Talk

3 shots ?

In Reply to: Re: 14 lbs? Good Lord. /// T'ain't that bad posted by Michael on June 01, 2003 at 00:25:09:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Posted by:
The Demolition Goblin

on June 01, 2003 at 10:01:34

How is your's set up somethings screwy if after 3 shots it's too cold to fill properly . When I first got the basics of the AT-4 together the neighbor kids helped me break it in . My AIRPG would get one shot per ounce of CO2 , so 24 ounce tank 24 shots . The AT-4 I lost count of how many times the durn thing was fired the kids were reloading before the previous shot had started down and one time they had 3 in the air at once . I'll have to add a second battery pack to ensure positive opening currently I'm using 8 AA NIMH batteries for 10 volts this will open up to 90 psi but beyond that it gets sticky (maybe a fresh charge I've put 130 to 140 shots on them) . A Idea to try instead of filling the expansion chamber first then firing your load find a small (1/8 inch) solenoid valve to control the flow of CO2 to your chamber . Do away with the valve between the chamber and the barrel and use the solenoid to control the firing . The limited flow through the valve should keep the pressures down and you can install a screw type valve between the valve and the chamber to fine tune the flow rate . The solenoid in this size is very light about 5 or 6 ounces and with 3 9volt batteries very fast opening . Maybe one of you is an electronics whiz and could come up with a small board that could control the time the valve is open using a poteniometer to set the length of the valve opening per shot .

Follow Ups:
  • Re: 3 shots ? Michael "LCT_Paintball" Lyon 19:33:31 06/01/03 (0)

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.