paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tank Talk

Re: Main gun rules at different fields

In Reply to: Re: Main gun rules at different fields posted by T.J. on July 03, 2003 at 18:33:22:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Posted by:
Michael "LCT_Paintball" Lyon
on July 03, 2003 at 19:15:31

: I'm very curious about how you manage to re-charge the pressure chamber fast enough to sustain 3 rps,

1st, my pressure chamber is very small. It's only 1.58 inches ^3. So, it doesn't take very long to refill it.

2nd, I used CO2 without a regulator, so I didn't have to worry about the reg slowing me down.

--Although using C02 would definitely help, it'd sure be a gas hog.

Actually, I had trouble with CO2 because it would get cold under rapid shooting and lower my velocity. If I shoot slowly and allow my tank to warm between shots, I get about 2 shots per ounce.

For my auto cannon I think I may run duel pressure chambers at around 400 psi and alternate between each one. In fact, I've thought about using 2 barrels and have them cycle up and down to load the next round. That would make it look like a WWII era anti-aircraft gun. I'll use duel palmer stabilizers in hopes that I can still use CO2 (easier for me to get fills). That way I can have better control of my velocity. I haven't run any numbers yet, but I think that should still keep my pressure chambers small and keep the regulators working quickly. What ever I do, I'm going to keep the rate of fire at about 3 rps. I just don't think I could afford to shoot any faster!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.