paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tank Talk

Re: M-79 snap gun like C02 cannon link/plans anyone?

In Reply to: Re: M-79 snap gun like C02 cannon link/plans anyone? posted by Dave _Tackleberry_ on August 04, 2003 at 08:38:56:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Posted by:
T.J. "Mad Scientist for the Tiger Tank" Allcot
on August 04, 2003 at 09:17:30

: oof thats kinda big, thanks anyway.

Yeah I guess so. When we got into functional cannons we started out gearing everything towards the Nerf rockets. Also the original decorative cannon on the Tiger was 4" PVC, so 2" seems pretty much normal to us.

: about nukeing it, I guess it would be easyer to just go one more pipe size up and put layres of fiberglass on it wouldnt it?

I hadn't thought of that. I would think the beg problem there would be keeping everything round, nothing that couldn't be fixed with some careful sanding though.

:I dunno there are only 2 close up pictures of breach loaders on the internet that i know of. one of them is on x-inventions and i know he wont show them for free lol.

Nope. I've bought one set of plans from him and to tell the truth I was somewhat disappointed. Compared to some instructions I've seen they just weren't very clear. Nothing that couldn't be puzzled out though and they were better than the instructions for the '6 shooter' potato cannon. So far the best (by far) instructions I've seen for anything is the PUG instructions by the Gryphonians.

We're using a flap valve for a rear loading style on the Tiger. VERY fast reload time for the Nerf rockets. When the rockets aren't rolling around on the floor anyway. It does pose some difficulties for paintball sabot loads but I've got some ideas to get around that, that I'm hoping to try once things calm down for us this fall.

Follow Ups:
  • Cool Dave _Tackleberry_ 09:41:57 08/04/03 (3)
    • Re: Cool T.J. "Mad Scientist for the Tiger Tank" Allcot 09:50:05 08/04/03 (2)

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.