paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tank Talk

Re: Tank friendly fields

In Reply to: Tank friendly fields posted by Smakman on August 23, 2003 at 10:58:26:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Posted by:
T.J. "Mad Scientist for the Tiger Tank" Allcot
on August 24, 2003 at 00:24:37

That's a trickier question than it first appears. Many tank crews develop a unique relationship with thier home fields that really doesn't apply to anywhere else. That kind of thing can have some very nice benefits but from what I've seen takes several years to build up. It seems to work best when the tank team can offer something extra that benefits the field. It also seems to be a somewhat 'fragile' thing so most who build up that kind of relationship somewhere don't like to divulge to much about it because doing so might disturb the relationship.

As far as the fields themselves as far as driveability goes, my own personal experience I'd say that:

PBLI in NY: Very extensive road system that gives access to most areas of the entire field. Not many places for tank vs. tank stuff but they only have one event each year. Tanks at that event are more of a special effect used to add some extra fun for the players. Also there aren't many areas of the road system wide enough for two large tanks to pass each other. There's also a couple of hills that can be tricky, especially for vehicles with a low power to weight ratio.

Pinelands paintball in NJ: Also has a pretty extensive road system in relation to the size of the field. Some areas of the road system are a little on the tight side for large vehicles like our Tiger. Also doesn't seem to have many areas for tank vs. tank battles in the classic WWII sense but we had a lot of fun going up against the Assassins guild and their tank Buzzkill.

Skirmish in PA: Not sure how it is today but last time I was there it wasn't very suitable for large tanks. Also has some boggy areas to be careful of. I'm not sure how extensive the road system is there since I haven't been there in a few years but I'm pretty sure that they've been working on improving that road system since then.

CPX in Joliet IL: Shows some promise but wasn't the trails were a bit on the restrictive side last year. There were a few places that looked like they'd be good for some nice tank battles but we didn't get a chance to find out. I believe that they also were intending to improve the field a bit to better handle tanks.

Waynes World in FL: I haven't actually played there with a tank but I walked throughout the place once and it looks like an excellent place for all sorts of tank stuff. The road system was pretty good and there are plenty of places to leave it. Also has a couple of nice and open areas that looked like a good place to do some long distance tank battles.

EMR in PA: We've only had the Tiger there once but from what I've seen it's a fantastic place for tanks, it's also a fantastic place for anti-tank stuff too so be careful ;) It pretty much has everything, extensive road system, plenty of areas that you don't need a road at all. There's even plenty of places that tanks can use for cover too. I would also say that a 4x4 (or 6x6) would enjoy a distinct advantage there.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.