paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tank Talk

Re: Just for the record.....

In Reply to: Re: Just for the record..... posted by Captain_Caveman on September 05, 2003 at 23:33:18:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Posted by:
T.J. "Mad Scientist for the Tiger Tank" Allcot
on September 06, 2003 at 14:58:05

I'd say the Tigers cannon was reasonably consistent with it's setup. The barrel is a bit over 10 feet long and it's pressure chamber is roughly 2 feet long. 60 psi gives us shots ranging from 200 to 220 there. I've thought about hooking up the 1 foot pressure chamber to see how much of a difference there is. I suspect that even cutting the pressure chamber volume roughly in half may not drop the velocity all that much. We'll see. I have changed the regulator over to a welding reg instead of the inline centerflag. The centerflag wasn't meant to used around 50 psi and just isn't working out lately at pumping out 1/4 of it's minimum pressure. This weekend pretty much revolves around getting our apartment into some sort of order and gearing up for retrieving my truck from NJ Monday afternoon. So no cannon stuff this weekend, that's a shame since the weather is fantastic.

: Also--- are you able to get good consistency with the Supah valve using higher pressure (70-100) and a small reservoir, or is a low pressure (30-60) and larger reservoir setup more likely to produce consistency?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.