paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tank Talk

Yup! New concept for Anti Tankers?

In Reply to: You mean like this? posted by Michael on November 01, 2003 at 22:05:39:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on November 02, 2003 at 09:28:24

: http://spudtech.com/detail.asp?id=12

I see the tennis ball in the bore....

I have a local supplier that has had just about everything I have ever asked for..

I need a solution to these problems and if not available looking at the Tennis Ball as a projectile along with the 1.6" diameter Nerf Balls at the toy store. Always looking for options and an 'edge'.

The Problem with Sabot rounds in they are a like shooting a sawed off shotgun. No Pattern, No effective Range.

The Problem with Nerf Rockets is it is ONLY one projectile and it also has No Effective Range if you have to hit a 18"x 18" box on the side of a moving target. But it does have GOOD range on large targets like bases and bunkers. Accuracy goes away if you have bent the fins hauling them around. It is hard to MARK the tank with a Nerf. Chaulk in Vaseline turns into a mess...

I'm looking at the tennis ball because of the surface. If you chaulk it with DRY powder, it will hold it well enough to mark a tank. I just bought a bottle of hunters orange chauk for plumb lines.

The Tennis ball has the range. No fins to bend so consistent accuracy is possible. Mostly operator error if you miss. A little HEAVY and SOLID in terms of mass and potential inertia expended on a facemask.

Any suggestions for a max velocity for a safety comfort level? 150 fps is the same as a 102 mph Tennis Serve. They don't wear facemasks but they are LOOKING at the ball. That would be my starting point to see what one feels like.

A ball would lend itself to a magazine fed set of tennis balls and a shotgun pump type of gravity fed breech loader. That would also keep the chaulk powder contained and DRY.

Seems like it would solve a lot of problems for the Anti Tanker....

Surely, I am NOT the first guy to think of this or try it.

Share your experiences.

Your thoughts?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.