paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tank Talk

Tanks required to move.

In Reply to: Preliminary role call for Grand Finale! posted by Captain_Caveman on November 07, 2003 at 00:08:58:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on November 07, 2003 at 10:00:46

: As I understand it; the rule was made to keep tanks from blocking entrances to buildings etc. A tank looses its effectivness when it can't wait for infantry to accompany it.

I agree some changes are needed. We have that problem up here in MO with the WW II "Tour of Duty Series".

Here the machine gunner / personnel shooting out of gun ports can't fire unless the vehicle is in motion. The tank CAN stop to unload players like a APV. It can provide covering fire until it stops and can resume covering fire when it starts up.

Here, tanks can NOT fire cannons on other tanks.

The kill plates are on the sides and ALL the roads have been one way streets. It is really SILLY to have an Allied tank 20 feet behind a German tank that is 20 feet behind another Allied tank and none of the tanks can engage each other.

The use of the tanks is simply 'Ring around the Rosey'. Silly. No real tactical use that resembles a tank simulation. Except as an APV.

I am not particularly worried about a tactical use of the Tank Being "unfair" to the other side. The infantry had to deal with a LOT of 'unfair' situations involving tanks during WWII. Run, Hide, Fight, Die. Those were the only options THEY had.

Now a balance of Tanks on each side and a balance of RPGs and other anti tank capbilities should exist for BOTH side. How well they use them, is what makes it 'unfair' to the loser of the encounter.

TOMORROW!:

Tomorrow, the Final Game of the Tour of Duty.
AND some changes being tried regarding TANK RULES. I will report Monday while recovering.

Tank on Tank engagements with Nerf Cannons will be permitted.

Some of the Roads are TWO Way Roads. Some still one ways.

There are DESIGNATED STOPPING AREAS that are basically turn outs that a tank can back into and wait for another tank to happen by. Or to defend/hold that immediate area. I really LIKE THIS. The producer can allow stopping but not 'Camping' on a particular spot like the insertion point... Or HQ. Unless it is a friendly at the HQ defending it.

The tanks can back up on a one way if the gunner wants to get out and help ensure player safety.
(I kind of question this. Like backing up for 150 yards? But I haven't seen the new tank roads or the layout. Just a map. But I also doubt it will happen much in the real world.)

There are TWO Way roads and each tank has a 'kill plate' on the FRONT of the tank that ONLY TANK on TANK combat can use. This will encourage TANK on TANK eliminations.

They still require tanks keep moving unless loading or unloading personnel. No mention of the gunner NOT being able to provide covering fire while stopped.

WHO'S TO SAY THE INFANTRY CAN'T KEEP UP WITH A TANK MOVING AT 1 mph? Tell those little potato chip, X Box players to get some PT (physical training)if they can't handle that.... I'm an OLD FART with bad knees and I can do that with a little huff'n and puff'n... Uphill might be a little huff'n and wheez'n.

There are going to be a HERD of RPGs, LAWs, and Flame Throwers at this game. The Nerf Projectile RPGs/Laws CAN fire on constructed bunkers, buildings etc. that are occupied. A 20 foot kill radius for exposed players from the impact point. Infantry accompanying a tank have a 20 foot kill radius even if the round misses the kill plate on the tank. The rule is a little fuzzy about NOT aiming for the infantry to strip them off the tank. Maybe IF the RPG round HITS the tank, then a 20 foot kill zone for exposed infantry... That would be practical and easy to REF.

The flame throwers are ineffective on tanks but can be used on infantry in any type of cover. If the cover gets wet, they have 30 seconds to vacate or they are dead. Make'm run and back shoot'em. If the player gets wet, they are dead.

I have a 20 yard flame thrower making its debut tomorrow. Plus one just like it in an Alled Tank but with a much BIGGER supply tank. There will be a half dozen Allied Super Soakers, Garden Sprayers, etc. that will be used as Flame Throwers.

It is shaping up to be a good fight with special weapons...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.