paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tank Talk

Yes that was unfortunate.

In Reply to: WARNING - don't travel far if field has THIS rule posted by Julius_Tank on November 11, 2003 at 10:36:27:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Posted by:
Dale "Head_Hunters" DuPont
on November 11, 2003 at 12:54:59

I was there and heard about it too.

Seemed off base to me too. Even as an opposing player.

I would be a lot more miffed than you posted here. I really appreciate your restraint.

You paid GOOD Money, Extra Insurance, Travel Expenses, etc. and then basicially told you can't play.....

There was a lot of discussion. I think that was one thing that will be changed in the future. That was their first event with their newly constructed tank roads. A lot of their changes were good about tanks.

The front kill plate, Designated stopping point where tanks could stop and guard a position instead of being forced to go around in circles.

I wanted to talk to you anyway and get your point of view on those changes...

I would be OK with the possession of a fuel dump having an impact on the tanks operation, but to shut you down completely was a mistake. I think everyone realises that now.

They could have had players haul those prop Gas Cans up to you to 'refuel' and you could get 30 min operation before 'refueling' again. Or you have to drive to Berlin to fuel up every half hour or so... Unlimited operational time if they possessed the fuel dump. Something like that...

Be sure to let the field management know your suggestions. I assume you already have, but just in case. They were talking about it along with the other 'what worked and didn't work' debriefings with the refs and players.

They made an unexpected change on me too. Decided they liked the suggestion that if I took a ball on the tank of my flame thrower that it would be the same as a satchel charge going off with a 15 foot kill radius. I was turned into a fireball Once and took out another player with me.
Then they decided we couldn't immediately occupy a structure cleared with a flame thrower. After all, it was on fire-right? Makes sense but it killed my plans to burn all the germans out of those trailers at the Compound during the Final Battle. Used the RPG launcher instead. Just killed them and left rubble to occupy immediately.

"Immediately" remains very undefined at this point. Any suggestions.

PS. I really enjoyed bunkering your tank with that RPG. Just for the braggin rights for having the guts to try it even though it was an illegal move on my part...

You are such a tough tanker that I just couldn't resist the temptation to try and pull it off.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.