paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tank Talk

thanks man (n/t)

In Reply to: Let's see what compliment looks like edited posted by Captain_Caveman on November 23, 2003 at 22:04:14:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Posted by:
Peter__ Jones
on November 23, 2003 at 23:11:26

: I'm not sure on your setup-- but the Peacemaker's cannon is charged up in 2-3 seconds using regulated CO2. Pictures of that setup can be seen on Armoredfistpaintball.com -- in the FL/GA gallery.

: Paint sticks OK until something rubs it off. Normal paint practice of surface prep is important. Smooth, nonporus surfaces are not the best at holding paint. I have had good luck with rubberized undercoating from an auto shop.
: A word of caution -- PVC is pressure rated at a low temp (70 deg. or something) Leave your black cannon in the sun and surface temp can get HOT. As the heat rises, the pressure rating of the PVC declines quickly. BE CAREFUL

: Your best bets are SCUBA or CO2 for powering the cannon. If you are a HPA gun person, use SCUBA. If you are a CO2 gun person, use CO2. (so you can do your own tank filling $$)
: Regulators for CO2 go for about $25-$45 on Ebay. Search for "soda regulator" Make sure it is capable of 0-160 PSI, strict beer regulators usually Max out at 30 PSI or so.

: When a tank is required to keep moving, confined to roads, it advances far quicker than the ground pounders. So your options are: leave the infantry in the dust or keep backing up 2, go forward 3 to keep supporting your troops. Backing up is not nearly as safe as sitting still or advancing.
: The rule has good intentions -- keep tanks from parking at the opponent's base or blocking entrance to a building. It needs to be refined to exclude open field combat and other situations.

: I can't really comment on the Sherman's setup since our turret is strictly for the main gun. However, I have found that a strong shotgun position and tailgunner are imperative.

: A good quality pool screen has served well. Installed correctly, it will bounce balls with no breakage. When in the Peacemaker, I rarely have to clean my mask (after a few trips out, the spatter gets annoying) FYI-The regular window screen at Home Depot has not proved very sturdy. The dedicated paintball screen did not demonstrate the bounce qualities we were looking for.

: As far as I know, full auto is not allowed in a tank. Some people just set the marker to a slow rate full auto and there are rarely any problems.

: Have fun.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.