paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tank Talk

random answers

In Reply to: more randomtricycle from me... haha posted by Peter__ Jones on November 23, 2003 at 12:50:42:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Posted by:
T.J. "Mad Scientist for the Tiger Tank" Allcot
on November 24, 2003 at 00:31:02

1) We're gettin around 2 to 3 seconds on the Tigers cannon. It has a 2" PVC pressure chamber that's roughly 2 feet long. How full our air source (currently SCUBA) is probably doesn't matter as long it's ove 60 psi

2) The PVC for the main gun on the Tiger takes a bunch of 'brush abuse' and it could use a re-painting every year, although we've let it go two.

3) That's a tricky one, I picked up some welding regs through a post here that wer very well priced and work very well. Although I haven't gotten around to getting enough proper fittings for them and the one I setup last August leaked. I think the best setup is a SCUBA tank with a SCUBA regulator dialed down to about 120 psi that feeds into a normal air compressor reg that can be had at Home Depot type places.

4) Probably depends on the game. We simply can't stay in one place for very long without shutting down but there have been times when it was necessary to stop in one location for a few minutes.

5) We've got a couple of nuts on the Tiger tank team that love sticking their heads out the forward hatch and shooting that way. Much like the Sherman. They love it and the players absolutely love it too. We've always used the rule that that gunner is now 'part of the tank' and stays up there as long as they wish no matter how many times they get hit.

6) paintball netting, we get ours from the surplus at our home field. I've heard from many people though that pool screening is better than the stuff we're using. I'm hoping to find out next spring.

7) I'm pretty sure that most fields are sticking with semi only for tanks.

Good to hear from you Peter, how's the Army treating you and how's the Yamaha?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.