paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tank Talk

Re: Failure is a GREAT teacher.

In Reply to: Failure is a GREAT teacher. posted by Dale on November 24, 2003 at 12:25:43:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Posted by:
T.J. "Mad Scientist for the Tiger Tank" Allcot
on November 24, 2003 at 17:28:21

I feel kind of silly since I did expect something along these lines to happen. I'm pretty sure that the bolt snapped first, which then shot forward and knocked off the front of the receiver where the barrel was supposed to screw into bu was off at the time. I am happy that the remaining section of the bolt inside the firing chamber was pulled back the way it was supposed to. So despite the failure it looks like the basic principle for the forward firing bolt works very well. It simply exceeded the strength of the current materials. I was running only 40 psi at the time too. I'm planning on taking the firing chamber apart later tonight and attempt to do repairs after that. I'm very glad I made that particular modification to the PAC 6 design. I'm going to try gluing the broken pieces back together and then add a layer of fiberglass to the cracked areas. I was going to add some layers of masking tape to the bolt but it seemed like a close enough fit when I put it together and the resulting slack may have contributed to the failure. I may also setup the base of the feed chute tonight also since that will greatly enhance the overall strength of the receiver section.

The latest pictures are posted here,
http://www.armoredfistpaintball.com/tank_news.htm

While the rest of the story of the semi is here,
http://www.armoredfistpaintball.com/AFX-semi_cannon.htm

I'll probably copy the pictures from last night over to the semi's page when I do my next update.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.