paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tank Talk

lathes

In Reply to: yes -- If you want to move to Vero Beach, FL posted by Captain_Caveman on November 25, 2003 at 12:49:41:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Posted by:
T.J. "Mad Scientist for the Tiger Tank" Allcot
on November 25, 2003 at 14:15:52

I was talking to Joel over at Spudtech and he's had problems with the 2" PVC on his lathe. The more I thought about it after talking to him I think that much of the stuff I originally thought would need a lathe might work out just as well using a router in a table. Something to think about for PVC designs.

For $1500 I think I'd go for that small milling machine from Smithy, if I had a garage, if I had the well everything along those lines.

Well as far as being first, I'd be very happy just getting it to work. Especially these days with the money being so tight, not fun losing an engine on top of all the other unexpected expenses from last summer.

I had to modify some of the bolt/firing chamber last night to take it apart and the bolt is in better shape than I thought it would be. I really think the glue/fiberglass repair will get it to work well enough to determine exactly what the second version will need.

It is kind of funny but I really thought one of us would have a working semi-auto by now. Looks like there will certainly be some surprised people out there next spring at the latest if they aren't reading the posts here.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.