paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tank Talk

Re: interested

In Reply to: interested posted by Captain_Caveman on November 26, 2003 at 23:42:59:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Posted by:
Michael "LCT_Paintball" Lyon
on November 27, 2003 at 00:24:44

: I am interested in a stand-alone valve.

: $$?

I have never considered that. The only one I have now is built into the gun. I'll think on it and let you know.

:
: Have you tested it feeding a 2" barrel?

No, but it wouldn't be hard to do. Just increase the valve size a little.

: Can the freeze problem be solved with an expansion chamber device? (w/CO2)

There is no freeze problem under normal use, but you do get velocity drop as the presure in the tank decreases. That could be helped with an expansion chamber, but not solved. This valve uses more air than a normal paintball gun, so if we go full auto for a few seconds I would expect trouble. The best fix would be to go HPA.

: If you have tested w/ a 2" barrel, how did it do with heavier loads? (40 balls)

: How many cycles before service/ overhaul? approx... 500? 5000?

I don't know. I've probably shot around 1000 shots with it. I had to change o-rings only once because I cut one when I reassymbled the valve after showing it to a friend. There is only 1 moving part in the valve, so I don't expect much wear.

: ----------------

: And on a somewhat related note.... have you made the semi auto feed mechanism yet or is it confined to paper at this time?

No, I haven't made it. In fact, it has been confined to my head until today. I made some sketches on paper in preperation of drawing up some prints. I ordered some parts today, so I may start a prototype next week. Believe me, I have enough experience with moving parts to tell you it will work just fine.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.