paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tank Talk

more tech questions

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Posted by:
Peter__ Jones
on December 23, 2003 at 11:09:50

ok, so, i found a couple regulators at autozone that are good in the 50psi range. they only come down from like 125 or whatever, so i would need a "real reg to bring it down to 125 at least, but was wondering if these el cheapo regs would work for a Y device (well, more like a 3-or-4 way device, but..) like say tank to real reg, hose to cannon, just be4fore cannon, split in 3 way, then reg'd down to 40 psi by 3 separate regs.
also, tj, is it alright if i copied a lot of your new cannon design?
one more thing, i was hoping to have a pressure guage of some kind, but i wanted it in a "dashboard" setup-type thing. and i just came across oil pressure senders for my car online, while looking for a brake master cylinder to see how much trouble im in (ugh) but it wasnt bad, lol, selling for 75 bucks, i can stomache that =D
but yeah, the pressure sender was going for 5 bucks, and it would theoretically mount into the pressure chamber just like a safety popoff valve. i know to make it work, id need an oil guage from my car, right? also, what kind or juice do i need to run with it?guessing 12v, but i cant just plug it into a car battery, right?would a couple of 9v's work?
also, has anyone been able to locate a cheaper-than-50-bucks electric pressure switch? (totally separate from above sender) i checked globalspec, northern tool, and mcmaster carr, but no dice. it might be ok, cuz i only need one, but i dunno, it just seems a little pricey for what its job would be.. it just needs to be adjustable from like 20psi to 80 psi
also, tj, is hte supah valve really worth 100 bucks? i mean in comparison to other valves that are like 15? cuz im contemplating getting one, but wanted to be sure they were THAT good, ya know?
i also saw on the sherman, the hummer and the turtle that they all had the dual cranks on the pball guns. were they homemade? or did they buy em? cuz i know of a guy (www.firestormcrank.com) that has a dual kit forthe a5 and is going to come out with one for the 98 in feb, but is asking 60 bucks for it.. which is a little steep. cool though.. anyone know where i can get one cheaper?
how long does the hydro last for on scuba tanks? same as hpa tanks? or longer?
also, where are some good gokart kits online? i was thinking id build my own stuff earlier, but im looking at it, and its just not cost effective right now. so, i decided i was gonna work off a prebuilt (or atleast a pre-ddesigned) kart and just add "my stuff" to it, lol. i think i got a pretty good setup in my head, but ill have to see. theres a pretty good cheap kart from the edge products, but its goin for a grand, not assembled. but then i checked www.gokartsusa.com and they had mass cheaper, but it was cuz no clutch or motor. so, i dunno.
i guess any and all thoughts would be cool, thanks for your time guys!
-Peter

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tank Talk ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.