paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Automags

RT valves, level 10 bolts, and crappy barrels

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Automags ]

Posted by:
NINE

on June 13, 2005 at 04:20:46

Hey all, I just played my first day of paintball after six years out of the game. (Before that little hiatus I was on a couple different pro teams and all that good jazz.)

Needless to say, I got my @ss handed to me for most of the day until I shook off the cobwebs. However, I blew a seal on my MiniMag gassing up for the day, so I had to rent. On paper, the markers at the field are better than mine (they just upgraded to AutoMags with nitro and RT valves, where I'm just running the old school MiniMag with an aftermarket bolt from back in the day and a custom, personally designed barrel), but after I got the first bits of rust off my game, I came to realize that a major reason for the beating I took today was that the rental marker sucked. It had no accuracy (normally, I can hit a marker barrel around cover at 50+ feet) and the shots were all over the place so I couldn't even correct my fire.

Now, my question is this: Was the crappy performance of the gun due to the valve, the bolt, the barrel (I don't know what it was, but it had a logo that said Xcel on it), or just the fact that it was a used and abused rental? I'm planning to get back into the game and I want to upgrade my equipment to more modern times. After playing with the RT today, though, I'm suddenly wondering whether I should just stick with my Mag as it is and just add a nitro setup (after fixing my seal, of course), or if it's worth the RT and level 10 upgrade and that I shouldn't judge the performance of that on the rental I played with today.

Thanks for the input, everyone.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Automags ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.