paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom
Re:(2) other barrels?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by DC Nelson on February 14, 2002 at 15:22:42:

In Reply to: Re:(2) other barrels? posted by Colby on February 14, 2002 at 13:57:47:

Id bet that the ceramic barrel he was talking about was the J&J ceramic...
Good barrels, you can find them for pretty decent prices. They are good self cleaning systems.

Personally, i like the stainless barrels the best. Just something to look at.

As far as the flatline goes, ive seen both end of the spectrum. about 1/2 have really nice accuracy. 1/2 have a chance of hitting yourself in the foot, as much as hitting what you aim at on the field.
Test before you buy!
I cant stress that enough. especially with the flatline. If it fires funky on your marker for whatever reason, try a different barrel.

There are very few barrels available that are just NOT good.

DC

: When I was looking at barrels for my 98 the first thing I looked at was the flatline. Sounded great because the way it reverses the balls rotation so it shoots farther. It does shoot farther than other barrels, however it's accuracy is a problem. The other concern was the installation of the flatline. If done improperly can cause damage to the marker. I don't know if the flatline has a big advantage over normal barrels. I know a guy who is setting up a 98 sniper rifle and had a major problem with accuracy. Consequently, he has done a lot of tweaking to get consistent accuracy out of the flatline. I found the Dye barrels to work best for me. Very accurate. Haven't heard much about the ceramic barrels. Test different barrels and find one that suits your playing style.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.