paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom
Re: Tippmann Custom 98 upgrade path!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by kwsfan on February 19, 2002 at 18:24:06:

In Reply to: Tippmann Custom 98 upgrade path! posted by Hellbore on February 18, 2002 at 17:16:20:

: Hello folks! My brother in law has a Tippman custom 98, and he is ready to spend some cash money upgrading it. however, he is NOT very mechanically inclined. I am, but I have never owned a Tippmann, so I want to help him but I don't have experience with this marker. He feels like he wants to upgrade, but thinks he needs to save up until he can afford to buy an HPA system for his Custom 98. However, it is hard to find places that fill HPA tanks in our area. He also feels he needs a flatline barrel and an electronic grip frame. My question is, how much difference will a good regulator, like a Palmers vertical stabilizer, make in his accuracy? I want to reccomend that he get one of these instead since he is depressed about not being able to afford hpa, but I don't know if the reg will make much difference on his maker. He also wants an expansion chamber, and thinks they do the same thing as a regulator, which I think is ridiculous. Please, any advice for him would help a lot. He doesn't even play very often so I just was hoping some cheaper upgrades could help, but he thinks HPA, flatline, expansion chamber and electronic grip frame are the only things he can do...

Whatever you do try not to send it to the tippmann pro shop. nothin but trouble.!! I wouldnt spend the money on going electronic, you can buy a electric spyder flash for the same price, instead try a RT trigger and a motorized hopper, the expansion chamber will be nice in the winter time. also on the barrel, try a dye excel for about 50 bucks, alot of bang for the buck. flatlines are to much trouble, also there just to eratic. good luck, Gregg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.