paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom
Re: Flatline works too well?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by Darcane on February 20, 2002 at 15:17:32:

In Reply to: Re: Flatline works too well? posted by m98monkey on February 20, 2002 at 00:30:18:

: Give a ball slight back spin it will raise slightly, more it will raise more. Less back spin, less distance. The problem is balancing the two out. The force of the back spin of the ball makes it rise, no matter how little it is. The less you have the less it will do it, but this reduces distance. If you want the distance, consider leaving it the same and learning the barrel. The eradictiness comes from the fact that the ball still decelerates and is too slow to hold a straight line.

Well, the distance is great... but I really can't use is as it is now. If someone pops his head up behind cover, the upward curve makes me either hit the cover or shoot just over his head. I also find it very difficult to make any low shots as well unless they happen to be the right distance away from me so it hits at the bottom of the arc.

I would say at 100 ft out, it is curving upwards maybe 4 feet (it's kinda hard to tell, put it's pretty significant). If it were a slight curve (like 4 inches at 100ft) I think I could use it effectively, but as it is now it is very difficult to hit anyone with it

Those of you that are happy with your barrels, do the balls curve upwards at all? If so, how much? Or does the lift exactly cancel out the effect of gravity for a while giving you a nice flat trajectory as the marketing folks tell us?

Thanks,
Mike

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.