paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom
Re: Flatline works too well?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by always_late on February 22, 2002 at 13:16:20:

In Reply to: Re: Flatline works too well? posted by always_late on February 22, 2002 at 13:09:31:

:
: : Yep, another Flatline question...

: : So, I bought one a little while ago and I'm having trouble getting it to work effectively. I installed the barrel as per the instructions and I've been using Marballizer which I hear is supposed to work quite well.

: : When I shoot, the ball starts curving upwards until it is about 130ft out or so and it starts dropping. After it starts dropping, it gets erratic curving either left or right. It seems to me that it is getting too much backspin causing it to lift rather than travel straight.

: : Now, for my questions: Are there any tricks for reducing the amount of backspin it gets to make it shoot flatter? Is this the common characteristics of a defective barrel? If so, whom should I contact (I assume Tippmann instead of the place I purchased it from).

all of those things can be fixed, simply by a little patience, and som common garage tools. its a little lengthy so E-mail me and i will send you the info by return e-mail. I can tell you how to make that flatline an awesome weapon. It just has some manufacturing flaws. But we can easily fix them. I've done it, its easy. Trust me. Hope to hear from ya. you will also need to use a different ball, but if you contact me you will never regret it!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.