paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom
Re: Tippmann Custom 98 upgrade path! What I would

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by James "Pineapple" Fuller on February 23, 2002 at 20:38:27:

In Reply to: Re: Tippmann Custom 98 upgrade path! What I would posted by Terry on February 18, 2002 at 23:13:09:

: Well where to start? I love my 98C. HPA is a solid choice IF you can get it filled. If not and you don't have the $$ then the Palmer reg is the best choice, and 98's are great for CO2. My personal opinion about flatlines are that they are more trouble than they are worth. The only value I like is to be able to shoot flat under brush and branches at under 100'. Don't believe all the hype. They won't turn a paintball into a 300 Winchester magum! Have him put down the flatline adds for a bit, and read this forum. There are more questions and problems written here about flatlines, than about any other aspect of the 98! About the elecronic grip, I think they are a waste on the 98 and also expensive. The 98 can't really handle that rate of feeding paint. The response trigger is much more suitable for the 98, and the price is sweet. With the RT and a revy hopper you can get 8 maybe 10 bps before you start chopping balls. Chopping paint is no fun in a 98. If he isn't too mechanically inclined he shortly will be after he has had to break down his 98 a few times! It's nothing like an impulse or spider where you can pull a pin then the bolt are run something straight through it! Putting it all back togethere is real special too! Learning how to keep the front sight and spring in place, not to forget the ball detent, trigger guard, and rear sight. Then to give the two halves that certain "giggle" so all those pins go together. All on the ground covered with leaves! Synopsis: For the cost of the e-frame he could get the Revy hopper, Reponse trigger, and Palmer Stabilizer. Instead of the flatline he could get the Freak starter for the 98. It's 14" and has an adapter for the 98, with the rest threaded for Spider. He can get other inserts for varied paint sizes, and the rest of the barrel could be used on another marker more suitable for electronics.

One thing the flatline isnt a waste of money and time, it is a great barrel, with distance and accrucy that is unmatched, second yea electro grips arent that great, rt system and a electronic loader is a great direction to do in, and a xpansion chamber would be too. hope you guys have some luck.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.