paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom
Re: Advise needed with sniping setup

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by jonnyd91 on March 15, 2002 at 00:40:40:

In Reply to: Advise needed with sniping setup posted by Psychochink on March 14, 2002 at 21:24:06:

: I need some advise on setting up an M98 Custom for the best range and accuracy. I play rec ball only, on very large fields where I will be doing a lot of sniping. I'm the guy way down at the back providing support fire. Before I get advice about reactive triggers etc., I neither like nor play speedball so I don't need that kind of firepower. I don't have anything against it, it's just not my scene. I like firing (at max) about 2 shots/second, and believe in the 1 shot, 1 kill principle. I'm going with a semi so I don't lose my aim between shots.

: What I need is to set up my marker for range and accuracy. While I realise that converting it to nitro with a low pressure kit will help consistency, I want to stick with CO2 for a number of reasons (with price being a major one). If I have the cash to spare someday, then I'll do it.

: As far as barrels are concerned, I've heard good things about the Flatline, Boomstick and Freak. Which of these is best for what I want it to do? Note that barrel length isn't an issue in terms of speed of movement or unwieldliness. I'd probably prefer a longer barrel, but efficiency is at the top of the list. Noise is not a major issue, while I'd like something quiet, I will sacrifice volume for accuracy/range. I also figure I should certainly install an expansion chamber. I want to put a scope on it, and would gladly take recommendations (magnifying type, not red dot).

: In addition to responses to these, I will gladly take advise on anything else I could do to my setup.

First cut and paste this on your browser and it will take you to see the ideal scope for what you want to do.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jhtml?id=0006214711194a&navAction=push&navCount=4&indexId=cat320001&podId=0006214&catalogCode=IC&parentId=cat320001&parentType=index

Although this is a red dot scope it is ideal for paint ball because the spring action on the gun will ruin an ordinary scope because it is not made for it. It has a magnification of which when you look through it 100yds appears to be magnified down to 68 feet. also this scope is quite cheap the on i got was only 40 bucks. regular crosshair scopes can rande over 100 bucks.

This next link will take you to see a stock that fits on the m98 which turns it into a nice looking sniper rifile with this you add a remote and it gives you a light gun and the perfect sniper setup.

http://www.actionvillage.com/paintball-gun-parts-and-upgrades-tippmann-gun-upgrades-tippmann-model-98-parts-model-98-stocks.html

You said you wanted to stick with co2 and get an expansion chamber. well by the time you get done buying the expansion setup ypu could have bought a nitro bottle for about 69.00 and it will be well worth it. nitro is a very important part of accuracy, especially when using a sniper setup. check out my setup at m98center.com in the galery section under jonnyd's sniper. my flatlines not on the gun

As for the barell go with te flatline, while its not as accurate as the boomstick, nothing will shoot further. later on you can add a second regulator to give you even more accuracy.
so check out the scope go with the flatline, stock, remote, nitro bottle and it will gile you a nice little starter sniper setup. any more ? feel free to ask.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.