paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom
Re: What paint size / brand for Flat Line barrel?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by m98monkey on March 16, 2002 at 13:18:07:

In Reply to: What paint size / brand for Flat Line barrel? posted by GSMan300 on March 15, 2002 at 20:54:53:

This is the only downfall to the Flatline that gives it the mostly poor accuracy that is mostly has. To get descent consistancy and less breakage you must go a medium bore of paint...about .89 or so. This is smaller then the large bore of the barrel, but if you shoot large bore through it, it will break quite a bit. Noticed how the bore is rough, so it will catch the ball and spin it, well this also tears balls in half that are of equal size. So you have a ball too small coming out of it, which doesn't help accuracy, then you also have alot of esaping air because the air will pass around the ball so you shoot your efficiency too. However, I will definitely vouch for the distance. They will go forever and do a fair spread on a target range, untill you break 280 fps. We compared, 280-290-and 300 fps. Its best accuracy was around 280-285. 290 and above it just progressively got worse. It is obvious that they have designed it to be a 280 fps barrel. I would suggest either marbs or PMI premium, they stay in the .89-.91 area in size. I would also suggest buying a second barrel, because I played a few games with the flatline and close range is a pain in the butt with it, so you can switch out and get the better in tight barrel if you play speedball.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.