paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom
Re: Velocity with my new RVA...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by Terry "Chiltepe" Kyle on March 21, 2002 at 08:38:42:

In Reply to: Velocity with my new RVA... posted by Joe on March 20, 2002 at 18:11:23:

An RVA is not intended to be your main control over the velocity. That will always be the factory set screw. The RVA is to fine tune the velocity about plus or minus 10 - 20 FPS. I screw the RVA all the way out, then set the factory screw so I get about 260 - 270 FPS. Then use the RVA to bring it up to the level that the field allows. This will keep the factory screw in further so it doesn't conflict with breaking down the gun, and will give you the best efficiency of your CO2. When the weather is consistent you will be able to make your velocity adjustments with the RVA. In the winter winter when temps can flux a lot, you will probably need to use both. A new spring won't help. If you are not able to get the 98 up to 280 or better then you have a different problem, not the velicity adjustments. The RVA is just a fine tuner like the smaller knob on the side of a microscope.

: Hello,
: I recently purchased an RVA from Ballistic Sports for my 98C. I put it on the gun and went out to play around with it, and found that with the screw all the way in, I still have to use my stock screw on the side of the gun. I don't think this should be like this so can someone please tell me what to do to not have to use the stock velocity screw? It will probably involve buying a new spring, right?
: Have fun,
: Kevin Martin

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.