paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom
Re: response trigger adjustment

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by Terry "Chiltepe" Kyle on April 23, 2002 at 23:45:01:

In Reply to: response trigger posted by Ken Ramey on April 16, 2002 at 21:23:13:

My son and I both have 98c's with the RT. We like them. They are all a little different and take some time to set up. The method that works best for me is to turn it all the way in (DON"T FORCE IT TIGHT :}). Then with a full tank, start to turn it out about 1/2 turn and try it each time. You don't want it too fast or it will make a BIG mess in your gun. When you get about 6-8 bps tighten the lock nut. You want to be able to control it and fire singles as well as rapid fire.

Here are some problems that will find with it.
1. It likes a full tank (CO2). It will start to not function when the tank starts to get low.
2. It for the same reasons of pressure doesn't like cold weather.
3. If you get it set too fast you will find that your gun won't re-cock sometimes.
4. I have heard people complain that it doesn't work well with HPA. I don't know why this should be a problem, but I know that Tippmann will put larger lines on for you if you have these problems.

We love them, but it takes some getting used to. When you learn how much pressure to use on your trigger they are great for 3 - 10 round bursts, but don't expect to turn you 98 into a full auto to just empty you hopper all at once especially if your are using CO2.

: Is the response trigger worth the money. I am asking for a friend. Has a custom 98 and is getting the 12volt revy with x-board. Just need some input, goods and bads on it...thanks

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.