paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom
I sure have!!!!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by Terry "Chiltepe" Kyle on April 27, 2002 at 20:12:13:

In Reply to: Do all M98 Barrels aim left? posted by RedRock on April 27, 2002 at 14:13:42:

Mine was REAL bad. Tippmann said they would replace the receiver, but then I started looking at other ones and they all pointed of to the left! Granted some more than others.

I didn't want to mess around with the wait, so I took about some plastic shim stock and held it inside the left half while I screwed the barrel in. It was straight! So I took some marine quality epoxy putty and built out the left half a little. I only needs to be up to the point that the threads start. Not into the threads. Just enough to put a little more pressure on the barrel O-ring. After it starts to set, you can smooth it out with your finger in a plastic bag and dip your finger in rubbing alcohol so it won't stick to your finger.

Let it all set 24 hours then try your barrel. If it is too much, sand a little out with some 400 grit wet sand paper until it fits nice and straight. You should never have a problem again.

: I own 4 98 customs and on all 4 the barrels tilt to the left. The longer the barrel the more noticeable. Has anybody else noticed this? If so is there a fix? This does not make for very accurate first shots. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dan.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.