paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom
Re: What's the Deal with M98's

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by Brian "Where_d THAT come from!?" Quinn on May 29, 2002 at 23:23:15:

In Reply to: What's the Deal with M98's posted by Justin` on May 23, 2002 at 22:59:52:

: What is so great about these guns? I personally hate them, the are very small and feel terrible. They are also loud cr@p and inacurate. And everyone is also talking about "tricking them out" after you spend all of the money doing this, it still isn't any good, and you could have bought a nice Impuls or Cocker. So whats the deal. At my last tournament there was a team with all electro-98's and they got beat by a team with CCM Pumps. Why would you want to own this ugly piece Cr@p?

: -Tantrum

Lots of people need a good gun to start out with. The M98 offers this option. It beats every gun in its class in terms of trigger pull and durability. I've talked to dozens of pros and ams that say their very first gun was the Tippmann Prolite. Of course, you don't see them toting around a Prolite or M98 at the tournaments; they've graduated to bigger and better guns that allow them to compete with other teams.
When people get into paintball these days, they don't always know how long they'll be in it. Jobs, families, and financial burdens don't make plopping down $400+ a very logical choice, even if in the long run they might save a few bucks by buying a higher end gun outright.

"the are very small and feel terrible"
Oh cmon. That's just your opinion. If they were really so awkward and uncomfortable do you think people would buy them, let alone put money in them?

"They are also loud cr@p and inacurate"
I'm assuming you mean "loudtricycle" in terms of the noise made when firing. I certainly hope any M98 you fired would not be shooting exretement all over the place (especially if it was loud). I can see how it would be loud if you had the stock barrel on...though I've usually played with an aftermarket barrel, I'll take your word for it that it's loud right out of the box...just like any other open bolt marker these days. About being inaccurate... I've never had a problem in that department. Maybe you need to work on your aim. I've found them to be only slightly less accuarate then closed bolt markers, mainly because the 'mag I have is more compact and closer to my body when i play, making it less likey to wobble and shake when firing.

"Why would you want to own this ugly piece Cr@p?"
On more than a few occasions, I've found this ugly piece oftricycle to be quite good at eliminating guys with "nice" autocockers and impulses.

Of course, as any real player knows, it's the guy behind the painball gun that ultimately makes the difference.

-BQ

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.