paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom
Re: Regulator or expansion Chamber?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by Steve "Metallisteve" Frey on July 03, 2002 at 15:22:57:

In Reply to: Regulator or expansion Chamber? posted by paintballer86 on July 03, 2002 at 12:20:44:

Let me answer the easy one first....

N2 is not neccessarily "better" than CO2. It IS more consistant...in terms of velocity. That's it, cut and dry. A descent N2 setup with a reg will almost never spike. Thats why tourney players are big on it...no penalty points for a hot 'gun. For scenario play, an expansion chamber will do just fine if you're on a budget, like me, and can't dish out $150+ for a N2 setup. Actually, I took the bottom line setup off of my Spyder TL Plus and ran my CO2 in a vertical configuration and I got more than 1,000 shots out a 20 oz...and it still could have gone for more. Of course, this was in the summer and the air temp was allowing the gas to expand completely (providing maximum gas efficiency). So, what I'm getting to is if you can run a vertical bottle setup on your 'gun, that will be just fine (as long as you don't have an anti-siphon tank). If you can't, or just don't want to, an expansion chamber is fine for rec/scenario play. Adding a regulator will only regulate the velocity...it is not intended to increase efficiency.

Now ou just gotta decide on the brand, type, placement, etc. of the expansion chamber.....thats a whole 'nother can 'o worms.....

Metallisteve

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.