paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom
Re: Flatline....NEED HELP!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by anothertippmannowner on July 05, 2002 at 23:55:48:

In Reply to: Flatline....NEED HELP! posted by Chroniik on May 29, 2002 at 21:41:50:

: At first, I LOVED the flatline..i bought the 98 with the flatline barrel, never even used the stock barrel at first. The first day I only broke about 1:400 balls and the range was incredible and was very accurate. After the first or second time using it, I started breaking more and more balls in the barrel. I tried smoothing down the end of the barrel..yes it was centered and I didnt overtighting the barrel lockdown. Over the past year or so it got progressively worse and very frustrating. I didnt want to have to give up on the flatline, but it got to the point where I couldnt even shoot 30 rounds without breaking on in the barrel and this happened with many types of paint. Two of my friends have a very simlar setup and had the same experience. We finally broke down and bought sniper barrels this past weekend and didnt break a single ball. A little more insight...when I first started I was running co2 with an expansion chamber..I then upgraded to low pressure air system with a black ice regulator and the tippmann low pressure kit. I dont remeber if it was exactly when I upgraded to low pressure i started having the ball breakage issues. But being that the c02 can put up to roughly 3000psi of pressure to the ball and with the regulator and the low pressure kit I was only putting about 350psi to it, I dont see how it could be a problem. If anyone has any suggestions on what I could do to fix this please let me know. And I even had Tippmann Jr. himself check it out once. He reseated the barrel and then it worked fine for about 200-250 rounds and then it was back to breaking...at that point I was done for the day and didnt go back to him...but maybe I should've. I really love the flatline and would love to go back to it..so please help...
: Thanks in advance

flatline sucks money balls get a boomstick a then get brass eagle ball they work the best.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.