paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom
Re: Flatline or Boomstick -Lapco

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by Beest on July 07, 2002 at 15:29:45:

In Reply to: Re: Flatline or Boomstick posted by Dustin Sellers on July 05, 2002 at 23:48:32:

Thanks to Dustin for a balanced and insightfull comment!
I don't have a Boomstick but do have a Flatline a nd Lapco Bigshot to make a straight versus curved barrel compariaon..
ye, my flatline performed great the first time I used it, then went bad. I sent it back to Tippmann and they sent me another which has been consistently good ever since. I put paint marks on the barrel, adapter and marker body so i could set it up just like tippmann did each time. Also you don't chrony up to the limit, but 270 fps or lower, and must use high quality paint (marballiser.
Flatlines can be difficult to get right, but have many fans, especially amongst the woods/scenario players. Watching that ball fly straight out is great, and if you use a sight it will aim the same at 50 feet as 250, but the spread at 250 feet is over 2 feet diameter. Its hard to hit what you're aiming at long range but since they can't fire back effectively you can just plug away, not good in a one on one situation, but great in a team where you can pin down a number of the opposition while your buddies flank them.
Having said all that I don't use my flatline much anymore as I prefer the accuracy of the lapco ( widely considered the most accurate barrel for the 98, its also short and in 15 min rec games there isn't time for long encounter ranges or large scale manoeuvres.
Check out the Bighsot at Countypaintball.com, it s cheeaper and more accurate than a Boomstick, though maybe a little loud.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.