paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom
Re: Thanks for the info!!! just one more question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by LanceR on July 11, 2002 at 20:14:41:

In Reply to: Thanks for the info!!! just one more question posted by paintballer86 on July 11, 2002 at 10:46:41:

I have Palmers on my M98s.

The Flatline has a female. You replace the ASA adapter under the grip with a ring or block (more stable; what I used) mount for the reg. It has a female ASA at one end.

My other M98 (the one that I USE) has a vertical adapter. The male Palmer screws into it, the stainless air line screws into that. You can use the original ASA, but I have a drop forward and nitro setup. I also have a output guage on it.

I find the vertical setup to be more convenient. I can remove it without tools to use the reg on another gun.

Expansion chambers are just that -- a place for your CO2 to warm up and turn to gas. Useless for N2. The Palmer stabilizer is a regulator. Besides limiting liquid CO2, it regulates the input pressure into your gun, leading to more consistent muzzle velocity. It works a lot better with N2, but the Palmer is one of the few regulators that works with CO2.

If I had it to do over, I would buy a preset N2 tank before buying a Palmer.
That's just my opinion, YMMV.

What Ben is alluding to above, is it's the shooter, not the gun, that matters. But I'm shooting a Phantom now, and would like a semi that shoots as well. I'm looking at 'Cockers, but I'll probably get a Freak kit for the M98 first.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.