paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom
Re: Hey Lancer

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by LanceR on July 15, 2002 at 19:20:02:

In Reply to: Hey Lancer posted by Christopher on July 13, 2002 at 08:34:26:

I think your questions have been answered on the Pump/Stock forum, but here's my $.02:

I love it.
Keep the M98 for backup; semis come in handy at night. ;-}
I tried a number of pumps before the Phantom; SL-68 II, Hammer, etc. Nothing I have shoots as well as the Phantom (I don't own a 'Cocker, 'Mag, or electro).

I assume that you have the basics down (use of cover, snap-shooting, etc), so you should see rapid improvement to your game, assuming that you're not playing speedball against experienced teams. I play a lot of rec ball with new/casual players, who don't move a lot, so I've had time to develop my skills. I started out with the SL-68 II, but had to go to a M98 until I got the basics down (too many head shots).
It takes patience; which a true sniper has. I am frequently the only pump player on the field. It makes the few eliminations per game that I get that much sweeter, and it evens things up with the Newbies. You will be respected for just stepping onto the field with a pump in an open-semi game, more so if (when) you eliminate someone.

Worst case, the resale value of the Phantom is high. ;-]
I have a GF; plan to upgrade to stock feed in the near future (when I get a little bit better). You can order both, but I recommend starting with a hopper (150 rnd). The auto-trigger comes in handy. Occasionally some fool will try to bunker the pump guy, only to be met with a hail of paint. It's not the most accurate shooting, but it keeps their heads down.

Let's see; you should; it's worth it; with practice, your effective ROF will be fine; there is no comparison. I think I've said this before, but I don't use my Flatline anymore; when I need a semi, I use my other M98 with J&J Ceramic barrel. It's more consistent at my typical engagement range than the Flatline is, and it's less picky about paint (can you say FPO?).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.