paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom
Re: I can help (kinda long)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by Sinagent on October 17, 2002 at 16:44:25:

In Reply to: I can help (kinda long) posted by Christopher on October 14, 2002 at 19:15:59:

: In terms of barrel you have several selections. First the flatline. To start of the barrel is loud due to lack of porting, but that can be fixed with a barrel extension from paintballsnipersupplies.com. I have found it to be accurate, that is if you install it correctly. My only prob is that at distances of about 50+ yards the balls stat to curve(in an open area with a little wind), but other barrels cant even reach that far. My vote is flatline. But there are other barrels out there. I have heard many good things about the JJ ceramic and smart parts all American. If you want to spend some serious money go with the freak system by smart parts.

: Next to getting a new barrel, getting some kind of reg is the next important thing. I will indorse only 2 regs. If you shoot co2 get a palmer stabilizer. If you have nitro get a sidewinder. They aren’t the best looking but they are the best proforming. Also you are a sniper looks really don’t matter. Don’t even bother with a x-chamber, they are not nearly as good as these regs. Also if you want to expand and regulate the gas be sure to expand before you regulate.

: A new barrel and reg are the two most important things. After that I would say you would want to look into some kind of stock and some kind of sight. Pro-team makes a bad a$$ stock for the m98. There is one prob with it though; it is hard to get your face down on the gun. I overcame this by having the flatline shroud and some raised scope mounts. There are also many other T style stocks that are lower. Labco makes a good stock/drop-forward. Now sights. I’m not all that knowledgeable on sights but there are two basic types red dot and magnifying. I really can’t suggest one over the other, it mainly personal preference.

: Also, you might want to silence the gun cause the m98 is loud. Go to M98center.com for some tips.
: I hope this helped. If you want to know my 98c has a flatline barrel, pro-team car stock, and barrel extension, 2.5 x scope, stabilizer and remote. I do consider myself a sniper. If you are really into sniping look into making a ghillie suit. Also e-mail me if you want to learn about a ba sniper group.

try a lp kit, taht quites the gun down a lot.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.