paintballHomepaintballPicturespaintballTechnicalpaintballTournamentpaintballRecreationalpaintballFieldspaintballStorespaintball
paintballBeginner InfopaintballNews And ArticlespaintballLinkspaintballResourcespaintballVideopaintballContact UspaintballSearchpaintball
WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom
M98 Barrel Upgrade Suggestions (BigShot vs. AA)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Posted by Kuoman on October 21, 2002 at 18:40:55:

I am going to purchase a barrel upgrade for my M98 Custom in the near future and have had a chance to check out many reviews and comments. Pretty much there are a handful of barrels that are in the running.

Armson Stealth Barrel
Dye Boomstick
Lapco BigShot
Smart Parts All American
Tippmann Flatline

After reading a TON of reviews I’ve pretty much outright omitted the Armson and Dye barrels. The Flatline seems to be VERY temperamental and either really works or is poo. Oh, pretty much everyone says the stock Tippmann barrel is significantly sub-par.

That leaves the Lapco vs. the Smart Parts. At pbreviews.com I saw more folks that had bought a Lapco that had also bought an All American, they tended to like the All American better.

Lapco – Accurate, about $40-50, average in the sound category, paint indifferent.

Smart Parts – Accurate, about $75-90, quiet, paint indifferent, MANY folks really liked this barrel.

Seemed the biggest thing that the Lapco BigShot had going for it was “cost effective”. Where-as the Smart Parts AA was a more accurate and quieter barrel.

Any thoughts to anyone who’s shot/has both?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Show your name as:

E-Mail address (eg: joeschmoe@aol.com):

Show your e-mail address?

Your Password:

Don't have a password? CLICK HERE - Forgot your password? CLICK HERE

Subject:

Subject:Message:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ WARPIG Tech Talk - Model 98 / 98 Custom ]

Copyright © 1992-2019 Corinthian Media Services.

WARPIG's webmasters can be reached through our feedback form.  All articles and images are copyrighted and may not be redistributed without the written permission of their original creators and Corinthian Media Services. The WARPIG paintball page is a collection of information and pointers to sources from around the internet and other locations. As such, Corinthian Media Services makes no claims to the trustworthiness or reliability of said information. The information contained in, and referenced by WARPIG, should not be used as a substitute for safety information from trained professionals in the paintball industry.